Barrymore TheatreThe veteran Broadway actress Ethel Barrymore was approached to star in a new play with an offer no actress could ever refuse. The producers of the play, the Shubert’s, offered the construction of a brand new theatre in her name if she agreed to take on the role.
The Barrymore Theatre is a smaller and more intimate venue that seats 1028. The curtain opened on December 20, 1928 with Ms. Barrymore’s new hit show. The first musical took center stage in 1932 with Cole Porter’s ‘Gay Divorce’ starring Fred Astaire. The Barrymore is the last stage left in New York that derives from the pre-depression period. It is difficult to surpass this theater as well as the show now in production, ‘A Raisin in the Sun’ starring Denzel Washington which might just be tomorrow’s hottest hit on Broadway. Order your tickets now and save.
The Latest Buzz on Barrymore Theatre – NY
- Tickets guaranteed to arrive in time for the event.
- Tickets are guaranteed to be 100% authentic and valid for entry.
- Full refund provided if the event is cancelled and not rescheduled.
- Orders will be shipped via FedEx or Electronic Ticketing.
- Reliable shipping ensures that you will receive your tickets in a timely manner.
Map of Barrymore Theatre New York